A St. James Outreach Initiative * Saturday, June 22nd
Come join St James on Saturday June 22nd to lend a hand for Habitat for Humanity. This outreach opportunity is for a build day at a site in Salisbury.
You can sign up by emailing St. James office at email@example.com. Details are as follows.
A standard build work day is:
- 8:15am – 8:30am registration / orientation
- 8:30am work assignment
- 8:35pm – 12pm work
- 12pm – 1pm lunch (more info to follow as we may have the youth make lunch for us!!)
- 1pm – 3:30pm work
- 3:30pm – 4pm clean up
- Bring snacks and water with you.
- Be prepared to work outdoors, as we will be working outdoors
- Be prepared to work rain or shine.
- Bring a hat and work gloves if you have them.
- Wear boots or sneakers – no-open towed sandals or shoes.
- Safety equipment and tools will be provided, as will training for whatever task you do.
Although Habitat for Humanity builds homes, please be aware that tasks can change and/or be limited due to weather or the stage of the construction. At times, the required work may be unskilled but necessary. Volunteers between the age of 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult (21+ years old). No one under the age of 16 is allowed on the active build-site.
If you have additional questions, please email to Heidi Tessmer via the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For now- mark your calendar!!! Stay tuned as date approaches for further details.